and this doesn't strike you as odd?

Monday, October 16, 2006

i know i'm stupid but...

This bloke in Pakistan is due to get married. Only he's so keen he wants to bring the day forward, so he tips up outside his true love's place and as any enthusiastic lover would, he starts shooting his gun to get her attention - we've all done it - except he's a bit unlucky and shoots her. He is understandbly a bit mis about this and shoots himself. Beloved stirs - she was only grazed - bloke doesn't - he managed to get one thing right and is extremely dead.
Just an everyday tale of a classic Romeo and Juliet de nos jours. At least he won't be breeding - tho he would be cheered to know he may be nominated for a Darwin award.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Violet Socks said…

    Did this actually happen?

    I suppose I should laugh in derision, but actually it makes me feel rather sad. Unless he was a beastly sort and the young woman didn't want to be married to him, in which case: ha! But my assumption is that they were in love and so this is really rather a tragedy, isn't it?

    I'm sorry, I'll go away now.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger stormy said…

    Yeah, I think I'd nominate it for a Darwin Award.

    (Ever noticed that it is mainly men in the Awards?)

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger simply wondered said…

    darwin awards largely men - can we find a plausible way to blame it on the patriarchy? maybe it's actually the one thing significant numbers of men are doing to make this a better world for all of us...

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger stormy said…

    SW - I think it's a case of the last part, but possibly unintentionally (because if they knew it would benefit women, they'd stop immediately!)

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger AradhanaD said…

    LOL, okay I get your titles now...

    I think patriarchy does this cause it's self-serving. Men are allowed to be stupid, cause stupidity shows their individualness and competitiveness. Plus, it allows them the ability to be 'playful' and IRRESPONSIBLE at the the sametime... Stupidity is selfserving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home